Tuesday 5 March 2013

Card Collection: 1992 X-Men Series 1

Ever since I was a little boy, I've been hunting, hoarding and exchanging cards with other young collectors like me who love these Marvel superhero-type trading cards with all its numbers of series.


About a couple months ago, I bought these cards in a set, and how I love every single one of them with its Jim Lee style artwork, which I've been longing to have.


Fellas! This is the X-Men Series 1 Trading Cards back in 1992.


Almost every single X-Men character are in this trading card. Maybe some of the newer ones are not here though.


It is so much fun to see their facts and bios, and each of their power grid at the back of these cards.


This is the time where heroes are used to be super-villains, and villains are used to be superheroes.



These trading cards (and I'm going to show you some of those other series soon) are probably the ones that inspired me to create some really nice photos of action figures on my other blog website at Combollector's Action Figure Collection.



8 comments:

  1. Very cool! Never had any of these as a kid, but have got some from the 90's X-Force recently, included with some of the comics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I started giving them away when I got into high school like a long time ago. But luckily, I found a few of these cards in a toy show after realizing its value.

      Delete
  2. I had playing cards mainly from Japanese Characters e.g. Ultraman during my childhood. It's fun to play with my neighbors that time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I had a few of those Ultraman cards.

      Delete
  3. These made their way down to Mexico last year. I almost bought but I passed. Went back the next week and the guy was not around anymore. Arghhh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a real bummer! I've been a fan of the Jim Lee-style artwork so I didn't hesitate buying this.

      Delete
  4. I had a complete set of these .. until someone stole most of my Marvel Villain card collection... Luckily "Carnage" was not in with the other cards.
    And thank You good Collector for joining us at the Crypt... I do enjoy the many posts on "Toys" here at your great site...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those X-Men cards are my all time favorite set of trading cards. I love my complete set.

    ReplyDelete