Sunday 2 September 2012

The Cool Stuff

There are alot of amazing toys and collectibles out there done by one of our amazing artists and toy engineers today, that you'd wish you can get them all if you only got the money to purchase all of them. Each toyline (Mattel, ToyBiz, Hasbro, HotToys & others) delivers us their most eye-popping creations, but unfortunately I can only collect a few of them (for now) and decided to go with these following toylines.


 
Although the Marvel Select action figures are notable for its lack of articulation and "poseability," in my opinion, they are crossbreeds between statues and action figures. Now I don't mean that it is a bad thing. Some collectors like me are into lifelike sculpt and paint details, and size, and this is the reason why I choose Marvel Select figures for "art display" over the Legends figures. Marvel Legends by ToyBiz on the other hand gives you the fun of posing your action figures to any angle or direction you would want to imagine, and if you're into A.C.B.A. (Articulated Comic Book Art) you'll definitely need action figures such as these.
 
I am also excited about Hasbro's The Return of Marvel Legends series. I think I have seen some improvement on their product line, and hopefully will out-perform ToyBiz soon (fingers crossed).



Play Arts action figures are all about great poseability and playability plus well-detailed sculpt and paint application... and for a reasonable price! No toy maker can give you all those characteristics into one package, and if you're into video games, you'll definitely love Play Arts. In my opinion, I think this toyline will soon become a huge economic threat to its bigger rivals like Bandai and Takara Tomy, and I believe the future is bright for Play Arts.


I probably gonna collect maybe some prominent or iconic action figures of the Masters of the Universe Classics like those ones that inspired me when I was a kid. I mean who want to have Battle Cat or Man-At-Arms or the Shadow Beast finally brought to your shelf as awesome-looking as they are just like in the cartoons you've probably watched in the 80's. This for me is like reminiscing childhood memories, but now they're not "For Play" but "For Display."


 
Another childhood memory... but unlike the MOTU toyline, I cannot control my hands and play these things, and enjoy solving and transforming it like a puzzle or like that Rubix cube. There are hundreds and hundreds of Transformer toys out there coming from different toy industries but I would only choose the cool ones, and the ones that doesn't depreciate as it gets older and older.

I would definitely gonna get my hands on other toys and collectibles from other toylines like that TMNT by Playmates or those pricey (insanely pricey) toys from Hot Toys, and not strictly on these toylines I have just mentioned above. Despite my passion for comic books, action figures, sci-fi movies and video games, I think it is also important to properly manage my income and know when not to buy even if the ones I'm looking for comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment